Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Tree House Books! We are excited to meet you. Listed below are ways you can be involved:
Tree House Books’ Giving Library
[Weekdays. Commitment: preferably 6-12 hours/week]
Work in our volunteer-staffed giving library by organizing, inventorying, and packaging book donations. Be a part of thousands of books going out into our surrounding neighborhoods.
[Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays 2:30-6:30pm. Commitment: 1 or 2 days/week]
Be a part of the intergenerational learning that happens during our exploration of a Life with Books.
Tree House Sprouts
[Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 2:30-6:30pm. Commitment: 1 or 2 day/week]
Support young people ages 4-6 as they begin to make meaning of text and become familiar with new books.
Words on Wheels
Be a part of extending Tree House programming to young people and their families who live further away from us.
All inquiries about becoming a program Volunteer should be directed to Nyseem Smith at: email@example.com.
[1 or 2 days/week, minimum 3-6 months commitment required]
Interested in accounting, marketing, office management, public relations, or event planning? Help Tree House books grow by being an important part of our behind the scenes work! For more information, contact Karen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Requirements for Program Volunteers
- Complete an application by clicking "Join the Team"
- Attend a Group Interview Session - the 1st & 3rd Friday of every month, 3:00-4:30pm
- Attend a MANDATORY Training Session & Professional Development
- The following clearances are now required due to new laws. Starting July 1st, 2015 anyone applying to be a volunteer will need a Child Abuse Clearance and a Criminal Background Check, as well as a Fingerprint based Federal FBI Criminal History Check if you have NOT continuously lived in PA for the past 10 years. The cost of the fingerprinting is $25.75.
- For the Child Abuse Clearance, visit the Child Welfare Portal. Click "Create Individual Account." Follow the steps and send a copy of your clearance when you receive it to email@example.com.
- For the Criminal Background Check, visit the PATCH website and click "New Record Check (Volunteers Only). Once results come through, send a copy of your Certification Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have lived in PA for 10+ years, complete this Volunteer Affirmation Form and send to email@example.com.
- If an FBI Record Check is required (i.e., you haven't lived in PA for 10+ year)
- Step 1. Go to www.pa.cogentid.com
- Step 2. Click on "Department of Human Services."
- Step 3. Select "Register Online."
- Step 4. You will now be asked to submit payment.
- Step 5. On the "Reason Fingerprinted" drop-down, select “employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children.”
- Step 6. Once you are registered, you will be sent a registration receipt. Please save this until after you are fingerprinted.
- Step 7. Get fingerprinted within 90 days of registering. Choose a fingerprinting location to visit and have the process completed. You will need to bring a valid photo ID, your registration receipt, and registration ID.
- Step 8. When the FBI record check is complete, a notification will be sent via mail to your home address. Please give this notification to Nyseem Smith.