Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Tree House Books! We are excited to meet you. Listed below are ways you can be involved:
Tree House Books’ Giving Library
[Weekdays. Commitment: preferably 6-12 hours/week]
Work in our volunteer-staffed giving library by organizing, inventorying, and packaging book donations. Be a part of thousands of books going out into our surrounding neighborhoods.
[Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays 2:30-6:30pm. Commitment: 1 or 2 days/week]
Be a part of the intergenerational learning that happens during our exploration of a Life with Books.
Tree House Sprouts
[Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 2:30-6:30pm. Commitment: 1 or 2 day/week]
Support young people ages 4-6 as they begin to make meaning of text and become familiar with new books.
Words on Wheels
Be a part of extending Tree House programming to young people and their families who live further away from us.
- Complete an application by clicking "Join the Team"
- Attend a Group Interview Session - Wednesday, September 14th at 3pm
- Attend a MANDATORY Training Session & Professional Development
- The following clearances are now required due to new laws. Starting July 1st, 2015 anyone applying to be a volunteer will need a Child Abuse Clearance and a Criminal Background Check, as well as a Fingerprint based Federal FBI Criminal History Check if you have NOT continuously lived in PA for the past 10 years. The cost of the fingerprinting is $25.75.
- For the Child Abuse Clearance, visit the Child Welfare Portal. Click "Create Individual Account." Follow the steps and send a copy of your clearance when you receive it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Criminal Background Check, visit the PATCH website and click "New Record Check (Volunteers Only). Once results come through, send a copy of your Certification Form to email@example.com
- If you have lived in PA for 10+ years, complete this Volunteer Affirmation Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If an FBI Record Check is required (i.e., you haven't lived in PA for 10+ year)
- Step 1. Go to www.pa.cogentid.com
- Step 2. Click on "Department of Human Services."
- Step 3. Select "Register Online."
- Step 4. You will now be asked to submit payment.
- Step 5. On the "Reason Fingerprinted" drop-down, select “employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children.”
- Step 6. Once you are registered, you will be sent a registration receipt. Please save this until after you are fingerprinted.
- Step 7. Get fingerprinted within 90 days of registering. Choose a fingerprinting location to visit and have the process completed. You will need to bring a valid photo ID, your registration receipt, and registration ID.
- Step 8. When the FBI record check is complete, a notification will be sent via mail to your home address. Please give this notification to Lauren Popp.